Thursday, November 8, 2018

BABY LEGS

Baby Legs for the baby. Ankle Socks for the toddler. From one pair of socks.

There are so many tutorial on the WorldWideWeb.... that I'm sure I don't need to make another one. However, when I first started making baby legs or toddler leg warmers. I never really knew what to do with that bottom part. Until. I'm thinking why throw it away when I can actually use it for something? Along came the anklet. You'd start off with your regular pair of women/men socks.


Next you would put the socks together and then cut them with a rotary cutter or scissors, whichever you have on hand. I find that the rotary to be the best. You can just slice right across and it is an even cut.


Next, you'd get some ribbing. The picture isn't the best. My photographer hasn't been hired yet. :-) you cut it to the lengths you need it. For the baby legs, no more than 5x5. for the toddler anklets no more than 6x6. The 5x5 would work with both depending on your child's leg. My skinny 7yo doesn't have a problem getting either pair on.


You then add the ribbing to the bottom of the sock and voila, you have yourself some baby legs. But what about that ankle part that was left. No worries, you don't have to throw it away. There's hope for you yet.


Take another 5x5 piece of ribbing or 10x10 and cut it in the center. Add the ribbing to the top of you ankle socks and now you have a functioning pair of anklets.


Here's the all in one. Easy enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment