Thursday, November 8, 2018

THE ANGIE DRESS

The Angie Dress Review


I am so in love with this dress pattern. As I've stated before in another post; I can never stick to the actual pattern. I always find a way to have a perfect fit for me. As you can see, I've added arms on most all of them. I wasn't a big fan of bias tape, well I can still say that now. I rather have sleeves than deal with the bias tape. I have a fully lined bodice. I guess I should have taken that into consideration that I would need to maybe expand .5 on both sides because of the extra fabric. It wasn't that snug though. I always wear a sash. Well most of the time. I do not like the gathered look with the elastic. It isn't for me. Looks good on others. Just not for me. I love the pockets that I have added. I am no fan of purses, so pockets came in handy for my inhaler, chap-stick and of course my phone. 


I always opt for the high neck. I do not like my neck plunging. It is very uncomfortable for me. There are those pockets ad then those sleeves. I love it. 

This picture is from my Employee Mardi Gras Party. Needless to say it was a hit. I even shortened the original skirt so that I could have a color block.The only thing I did to add the color block was sewed the green and purple pieces together and when it was time to cut out my skirt piece, I cut them out at the same time and treated them as one piece of fabric instead of two. 

This is the only dress I actually had some sense on. Not that I didn't on the other, well not so much. Anyhoo. This dress, I decided instead of doing a full bodice; I'd just cut out a pattern from the actual front and back bodice and go from there. I only cut out the neck line on each one. I don't remember taking a picture of it. However, it is super easy. So my bodice is not even 50% lined, it is lined enough to give me a perfect neckline without the bias and that makes me happy. 


I love the whole  mommy and me dresses. She's the reason I started sewing in the first place. I'm more of a tomboy and refused to wear dresses, outside of prom, grade and high school graduation.

This dress I have dubbed The Sunflower Dress. We were taking family pictures, the boys in shorts, suspenders and bowties, the girls in The Angie Dress and Peasant Dresses. I made this dress according to the pattern. It was too long for my liking. I tried shortening it. However, I only had enough time to shorten and then get dressed as we were meeting the photographer pronto. I now cut it just two inches shorter than I want and the measurements are dead on.

My husband and I sharing a moment.

 

The sleeves were actually borrowed from Made by Rae's Washi Dress Pattern.



Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment