Thursday, November 8, 2018

COZY KID COVERALL BY PEEK-A-BOO

This started off like any other project. Except she got to pick her own fabric and since she was so demanding of having a onesie made I told her she would have to do most of the work herself. I would do things like zipper and pinning (if needed) otherwise the serger would be her best friend. It was literally a labor of love. I enjoyed it though. I am not sure when I will actually take the time out and do this with her again because it can be frustrating as all get out. Here we go..



This is the fabric she chose. I didn't get a chance to take pictures at Jo-Ann. 


This is either the front or the back of the fabric. Peek-A-Boo pattern pieces are never layered and are never millions of pieces. You would simply choose your size and copy it onto some other paper like freezer paper or wrapping paper and go from there. You can also, just print it out and cut your size out but if you plan on making any other size besides that one I advise against that since you would be wasting paper. Just so happen for her she is at the end of the sizes so all I had to do was print and tape together. 


She's very happy as you can see to have cut out the back piece. That happiness doesn't last for long though. She expects instant gratification. I get it, I hate cutting, taping, and then having to cut out the size I need. However, it's something I've learned to deal with. It comes with the territory. 


More pieces. She's so over cutting. 


Now we have front, back, arms, hood, hood center and cuffs (not pictured)


We were both over it at this point. Mainly myself because I was also working on an order and thought I could leave her to herself for a little bit, but it didn't work out like that. #suchislife


Hoooooooooooray for a finished project. She was extremely excited to finish as was I. It turned out nicely. I think it rides up a little bit but she thinks it's perfect. If we decided to make this one again, I'd maybe add an extra inch all around. However, she's happy so who am I to complain?


Believe it or not she is really happy. 


The back.


Side shot.

We are done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment