Thursday, November 8, 2018

THE LANE RAGLAN REVIEW (HEY JUNE PATTERNS)

                     The Lane Raglan is a darling pattern. I didn't pay much attention to the neckline when I purchased it. I just found a Raglan for women and I was sold. I printed it and took it home the same day and got started. First up is the navy and red Raglan Tee. I didn't want the bottom portion of it (the band) I didn't take that into consideration when cutting the pattern out. I should have make the back and the front much longer. It would've came to where I wanted it to. The length is fine (for my first shirt) The next few shirts I made I either put the band on or made up for it and just added the extra two inches. The neckline is rather wide. I prefer my shirts close fitting. I don't like too much of my neck/chest plate out. I did this shirt in a color block. Red in the front, navy in the back.


                        The very next one I did was the yellow and gray one. I'm not 100% sure that the neckline is as long as it needs to be. Even with 2x2 rib knit (very stretchy) I have to add an extra inch. When I use the knit from the actual shirt I have to add about 2-2.5 inches. That's not a big deal at all, however when you're not sure that you need to do that, it becomes a big deal; having to use the seam ripper and produce another neckband. Depending on how much stretch the material has I would just cut it to about 25 inches and form there cut off the excess after the neckband is attached. No biggie. I added the waistband just to add more yellow. The gray in the pants and shoes was too overbearing for my liking.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

If you guys haven't noticed by now, I have a huge obsession with coordinating. So much so that I don't care if my kids socks are the same colors, they have to be a match. (I'm working on it) This was the third one as you can see from the order of shirts. I really enjoyed making this one, mainly because it was dead on with the shoes (Saucony). I realized then that the stretch of your shirt really makes a difference. I've always known all knits weren't the same, actually having to sew with some though; that doesn't have much stretch was almost like sewing with flannel. The orange is a pop of color that I was trying my best to bring forth Spring in Chicago. Didn't happen though. 


I finally decided to couple the Raglan with Jeans, boy was I pleased. It goes well with just about anything. You can make it as colorful as you want or you can make it all solid. I don't understand why one would want all solid when there are so many colors in the world. 



Finally my last one well not really, but just a little bit different. I finally found some stretch lace for a decent price, $4.99; at least I think that was a decent price. The regular non stretch in Joann's in about $7.99-$9.99. If I'm not mistaken, I can get four front pieces out of one yard of stretch lace. Roughly two shirts (just the front and back) from a yard of stretch lace. You all should definitely get some. I paired this with a pair of stretch jeggins and some boots I found on sale at Target. Looks like a great match to me, even though the fuschurple (fuscia and purple) isn't an exact match. It got the job done.



Overall it is a great pattern, as with any pattern you'd have to do some adjusting to your liking, taking something out, extending, shortening.... I love it. Follow link below to get your own copy of the pattern. The possibilities are endless.



No comments:

Post a Comment