Thursday, November 8, 2018

LADY SKATER DRESS BY KITSCHY COO

Lady Skater Dress by Kitschy Coo

I purchased the Lady Skater around the same time I purchased the Out and About Dress by So Caroline. I never really took the time out to make the Skater Dress, mainly because I'm no fan of measuring myself. I always go with RTW sizes in whatever PDF pattern I buy. This proved to be a problem for the Lady Skater. The sizes are in numbers ranging 1-5+. I had no choice but to measure myself and for fear of measuring wrong, I never took the time out to make it.

I continued to make the Out and About dress and just recently decided I wanted to wear a circle skirt with my dress (well the bottom portion of the dress) I could either measure myself and then figure out how to make the skirt. Again, I hate measuring, so trying to figure out the math to get the skirt just right wasn't gonna work for me. I decided to just measure myself in all the right areas so that I could use the Lady Skater since the pattern was already printed and taped. I found I that I was a size 5 in the pattern and graded the bottom portion of the bodice to a size 6. I should have kept the whole thing a size 5. That one reason alone made me decide to make another one in a size 5 without any grades.

I made this dress in an Argyle sweater knit I got from JoAnn. I had a lot of fun making this dress and it came together quickly. I searched quite a few of the reviews and couldn't really get a feel for the dress because while they were really nicely made the fabric choice (in my opinion) was pretty juvenile. Once I saw a few with more grownup fabric choice I knew which fabric I was gonna use.

The next one I made was one piece. I folded skirt in half and connected it so that it was one piece instead of two. I didn't tape it together because I know I am going to want to color-block eventually. I however didn't take a picture of that dress (bummer I know) I will wear it again soon or just take a picture in it so that I can post it. Because if you're anything like me, then you'd rather see it along with reading about it as opposed to just seeing it. 

This one is paired with a pair of navy fleece lined leggings. I also went without the collar and used a hood instead. I've grown to like hoods on my dresses as of late. 



No comments:

Post a Comment