Thursday, November 8, 2018

Women's Helnley by P4P {Patterns for Pirates}

Women's Helnley by P4P {Patterns for Pirates}

Can we talk about the Henley one time? I really enjoyed making this shirt. I've made it so many times and even turned it into a dress by extending the length and making it a little wider around the hip area. The pieces are so fun and quick to put together and let's just say that Fleece has been my best friend thus far when it comes to this pattern. I'm guessing because it is pretty cold out here in Chicago, just regular cotton knit wouldn't be as warm. I've made it the Henley way once, it happens to be in knit. I am not going to lie, I hate working wit plackets. They never seem to work out for me, no matter how many different tutorials I try.


This one is mad with three inches added. I really don't remember the fabric co the t though. It's stretchy, about 40% stretch wise. 

This is a sweater knit from Jo-Ann's. The fabric has a nice stretch w/a nice recovery. It is very warm. Too bad I only bought two yards. I don't think they sell it anymore. Maybe online, but yoynhave to buy a minimum of 3 yards and you can only use one coupon online. I prefer to go to the store to get it. 
This is fleece. Extremely warm. The print just screams my name. Jo-Ann's.
This one is fleece as well. It isn't as stretchy as the one above it but it does the job. When working with fleece you should make your arms maybe a .25 inch wider. Wince the stretch isn't that much, it can be hard to pull up when washing your hands. 
This one is a knit. Cotton knit. It's actually longer than the rest and straight across the bottom as opposed to the other ones with the curve. I think I added about 6 inches to this one. Thinking I should've paired it with some orange/beige leggings w/brown boots. Haven't a truly worn this dress, this was just a "let's see how this looks" dress.


Same cotton knit dress pulled up a few inches to make for a more casual/feminine dress. 

So that's the Henley in a nutshell...

No comments:

Post a Comment